Here comes the recipe I promised! It´s a really nice salad – slightly complicated to prepare – but well worth the effort. The balsamic fig dressing is just delicious and adds so much to this salad. Personally, I would never have thought of this combination myself but that´s why I love watching the Chef when he does his thing. He mixes and matches the most unusual ingredients and amazingly – they always taste amazingly. So I hope you enjoy this one.
Bacon Spinach Grilled Shiitake Mushroom Salad
Ingredients for Marinade for Shiitake Mushrooms:
• 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
1. In a bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and shallots.
2. Whisk until well combined
Ingredients for Bacon Spinach Grilled Shiitake Mushroom Salad:
- 1 cup fresh Shiitake mushrooms
- 5 strips thick bacon
- 1 leek cut length wise in half
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a bowl pour marinade (above) over shiitake mushrooms and mix well to coat well.
- Allow mushrooms to sit in marinade for at least 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut leek length wise in half and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper to season.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Take mushrooms out of the marinade.
- Grill shiitake mushroom and leeks for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Grill bacon until crispy. When grilling the bacon, if the fire flares up from the bacon fat dripping into it, remove bacon from grill for a moment and blot it with paper towels to soak up most of the fat, and then return it to the grill, repeating as necessary until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove vegetables from the grill. Cut mushrooms in half and slice the leeks. Chop the bacon. Place these ingredients in a bowl along with the fresh baby spinach and set aside while Balsamic Fig Dressing is prepared.
Balsamic Fig Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- ¼ cup fresh figs, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Put shallots, salt, pepper, chopped figs, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar into a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over Bacon Spinach Grilled Shiitake Mushroom Salad, tossing well. Enjoy!
No related posts.