Steak salads are my absolute favorite. It´s really a no brainier – by mixing the two you combine healthy living food with the most guilt ridden one (I´m not talking junk food here). This one is a particular favorite. The pineapple-ginger dressing is to die for and the sunburst bourbon & brown sugar marinade is so delicious that I tend to drizzle it generously over the meat after it´s cooked.
Here is the recipe – I really hope you try this one.
Sunburst Bourbon & Brown Sugar Marinated Grilled Steak Salad with Pineapple-Ginger Dressing
Take two 7-ounce strip loin steaks and marinate them in the Sunburst Bourbon & Brown Sugar Marinade for at least an hour.
Sunburst Bourbon and Brown Sugar Marinade
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cloves chopped and mashed (or pressed) garlic
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup bourbon or Jack Daniels®
- 1 teaspoon of any kind of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Combine all of the ingredients in a large shallow bowl, pouring over the meat to be marinaded, and leaving it at least 1 hour in the refrigerator (longer will intensify the flavor, especially on thicker cuts of meat). Turn meat occasionally, or place in a large sealed plastic bag and turn from time to time while the meat marinates.
Ingredients for Pineapple Ginger Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons pineapple juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (light or dark)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced and mashed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup of diced fresh pineapple
Ingredients for the Salad:
- Baby Spring Mixed Greens or Mesclun Mix of Greens
- 1 Avocado
- Mixture of tri-colored orange, red, and yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bulb of Fennel, sliced into thin strips
- 2-3 Radishes, sliced thin
- Fresh orange, sliced into segments (see technique on video)
Take steaks out of the marinade and throw them on a very hot grill. Cook to your desired temperature, about 2-3 minutes on each side for medium rare.
Let steaks rest for about 10 minutes before you slice them so that the juices stay in the meat and keep it tender. (All the juices will run out and onto your platter if you cut meat too soon after taking it off the fire/heat.)
Cut each steak into ½” slices.
Whisk together ingredients for the salad dressing, leaving the cilantro and pineapple until the end, stirring them in gently.
Pour the dressing over the greens and put a portion on each plate, topping the salad with the slices of strip loin steak.
No related posts.