This is quite possibly the best pizza I´ve ever tasted – and I lived in Italy! (Althoguh Italian pizzas are the best) – but this combination – the smoked salmon and the arugula is utterly delicious. It´s quite easy to make. The pizza dough recipe is mine …. yes I know it´s unbelivable but I´ve been perfecting it for years now and the secret people is to roll it as thin as possible and PRE-bake it….
I really hope you try this one out and love it.
Grilled Pizza with Smoked Salmon & Arugula
Ingredients for Pizza Dough
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon instant active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, salt, dried basil, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and dry yeast.
- Add to these dry ingredients the vegetable oil and water.
- Mix with your hands to combine into a loose dough.
- Turn out onto a board floured with whole wheat flour and kneed until smooth. The dough should still be moist and manageable
- Shape dough into a ball and set aside to rest and rise for about 30-40 minutes.
- On a floured board, gently roll out the dough into a circular shape.
- Place pizza crust directly on a medium hot grill for about 2 minutes.
- Have Pizza Filling ingredients and prepped.
- Flip over on grill and place Pizza filling ingredient on the crust while it’s on the grill!
Ingredients for Pizza Filling
- ¼ cup of softened room temperature cream cheese
- 1 small 8 oz. package smoked salmon (in slices)
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula
- 1 large sliced Roma tomatoes
- ½ small red onion
- ¼ cup large capote capers
- ½ cup feta cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Spread cream cheese over the crust.
- Next, place salmon slices over the cream cheese layer.
- Scatter arugula leaves over the salmon.
- Place sliced tomatoes atop the arugula
- Add sliced red onion on top of everything
- Dot the feta cheese over the top.
- Give a few twists of fresh ground black pepper over all.
- Put cover on the grill for just 2-3 minutes to give the cheese a chance to start to melt, being careful to watch the thin crispy bottom crust so it doesn’t burn.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top of the pizza.
- Remove from grill, slice into wedges, and serve immediately – enjoy a fresh pizza taste!
No related posts.