Well I thought is was about time that I posted a new recipe. This one should not fail you since it´s utterly delicious and really quite simple to make. I could say a lot about this dish – but I´ll spare you. All I can say is that I gladly vouch for it since I´ve eaten it a few times now and absolutely love it.
So I hope you enjoy,
Grilled Citrus-Ginger Marinated Shrimp with Sizzling Lemongrass–Chili Dipping Sauce
• zest of one lime
• juice of two fresh oranges
• 2 scallions (white and green parts) sliced thin
• 2 tablespoons of honey
• 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 green goat pepper, seeded, and thinly sliced
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
2. Place the marinade in a bowl (or sealed plastic zip bag) with the shrimp.
3. Let the shrimp rest in the marinade for at least an hour before grilling.
Sizzling Lemongrass–Chili Dipping Sauce
• 1½ cups chopped shallots
• ¼ cup peeled fresh ginger
• 2 green chili peppers, sliced and seeded
• 1 goat pepper seeded and chopped (hot-hot-hot! add one more if you can take the intense heat, and keep your hands far away from your eyes when you’re working with these potent peppers!)
• ¼ cup peeled, chopped ginger
• 3 tablespoons chopped lemongrass
• 6 macadamia nuts
• 1 ½ teaspoons salt
• 2 teaspoons tumeric
• 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 4 chopped garlic cloves
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup water
• 1 bay leaf
• 4 ounces cream cheese
• 1 cup heavy cream
1. Place all of the top list of ingredients in a food processor (shallots, ginger, lemongrass, macadamia nuts, salt, tumeric, brown sugar, paprika, coriander, and garlic) and pulse the mixture until it forms into thick paste.
2. Place the two tablespoons of oil into a saucepan over medium high heat. Add pulsed food processor ingredients mixture to the hot oil and stir until lightly browned and fully fragrant.
3. Add the cup of water and one bay leaf to the pan.
4. Reduce the heat a little and simmer for about 4 minutes, until most of the water is absorbed, but the mixture is still smooth and creamy.
5. Transfer to a bowl and remove the bay leaf.
6. Beat in 4 ounces of cream cheese to the mixture, and then carefully add in the cup of heavy cream.
7. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
12 peeled and deveined jumbo raw shrimp, tails on, marinated in Citrus-Ginger Marinade
12 bamboo or wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
1. Take shrimp from the marinade and thread onto skewers.
2. Grill over high heat cooking 2 minutes on one side and turning to cook another two minutes on the other side, just until the shrimp turns pink.
3. Serve with Sizzling Lemongrass-Chile Dipping Sauce on the side.
No related posts.