Good news! We are finally getting ready to shoot some new video tutorials! I´m so happy that words really can´t describe it. What it means is that I get to sample amazing food all day long! We are starting with BBQ. Why? Well – because we are in the process of creating our first App for the iPhone and the iPad and so we thought that BBQ would be a great thing to start with (plus that Volli just loves to barbecue and believe me – there are no limits as to what he´ll put on his grill). So – exciting times ahead and if you have any preferences than please share. In the meanwhile I have to run to the store to get some of the ingredients.
Below is kind of a warm-up-recipe. We did this last year and it´s still one of my all time favorite appetizers. Easy, tasty and simple to make – just watch the tutorial below.
Grilled Shrimp with Asian Barbecue Sauce
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 ¼ lbs / 550 gr large shrimps, shelled and deveined with tail part of shell left on
- 4 (10- to 12-inches)/ (20cm – 30-cm) wooden skewers
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml hoisin sauce
- 3 tbs ketchup
- 1 ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tbs water
In a small bowl, stir hoisin sauce, ketchup, ginger, five-spice powder, and 1 tbs vinegar to make Asian barbecue sauce. Remove ¼ cup barbecue sauce and stir in the water and the remaining 1 tbs vinegar. Reserve to use as dipping sauce. Brush shrimp with some of barbecue sauce from bowl. Place shrimp on hot grill rack and cook for 2 minutes. Brush with more sauce; turn and brush other side with
Tip: soak skewers in hot water for at least 20 minutes to prevent them from charring.
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 5 min.
Watch the video:
More Great Recipes
- GINGER CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE I remember the first time I heard of Asian fish...
- Chicken Stir-Fry with homemade Teriyaki Sauce This recipe was submitted by Cook...
- Ginger and Miso Vinaigrette Ginger & Miso Vinaigrette ½ cup / 120 ml rice...
- Chayote and Orange Salad with Ginger and Miso Vinaigrette Chayote & Orange Salad Ingredients: 1 chayote, peeled and cut...
- TANDOORI CHICKEN WITH MANGO CHUTNEY I always admire people who can look inside a seemingly...