Sweet & Spicy Cod
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup / 60 gr sugar
- 1½ lb / 680 gr cod fillet, 1-inch / 2.5 cm thick
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs fish sauce
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
Combine crushed red pepper, salt and 1 tsp sugar in a small bowl. Rub the fish with half of the mixture and set aside.
Put rest of sugar on a medium hot pan until it starts to melt. Add water and let simmer while sugar melts or about 2 minutes. Carefully add oil, water and fish sauce and stir together. Put fish fillets on pan and bring to simmer and use a soup spoon to baste the fish with sauce frequently. Flip fish after about 7 minutes and continue to braise and baste until fish is ready, or about 5-7 minutes. Serve with sauce and cous cous salad.
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 15-20 min.
More Great Recipes
- GINGER CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE I remember the first time I heard of Asian fish...
- Chocolate Soufflé If you want to make this dish even more perfect...
- Ginger and Miso Vinaigrette Ginger & Miso Vinaigrette ½ cup / 120 ml rice...
- Chayote and Orange Salad with Ginger and Miso Vinaigrette Chayote & Orange Salad Ingredients: 1 chayote, peeled and cut...
- Orange Vinaigrette A fresh Orange Vinaigrette that goes well with salads and...
Filed Under: Main Course