Honey-Roasted Plums with Thyme and Whipped Cream
- 2 tbs light brown sugar
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tsp chopped almonds
- 4 large plums, ripe but firm
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whipped heavy cream
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) . Melt butter on a large ovenproof nonstick skillet and add brown sugar. Mix together until sugar has dissolved. Add in the thyme sprigs and plums – cut side down. Cook plums without stirring for 2 minutes. Turn plums over and transfer skillet to oven. Roast until caramel is deep brown – or for about 4 minutes (check frequently to prevent burning).
Fold together sour cream and whipped cream.
Divide plum halves among 4 plates. Spoon sauce from skillet over plums, leaving most of the thyme sprigs behind. Serve whipped cream on the side.
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
Watch the Video:
More Great Recipes
- Sarah Bernhardt Cookie These darlings are just to die for. Although this is...
- Raspberry Cobbler Pinch off walnut-size pieces of dough and arrange evenly over...
- Chicken Marbella A delicious marinated chicken dish with delectable sweet and sour,...
- GINGER CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE I remember the first time I heard of Asian fish...
- Chicken Stir-Fry with homemade Teriyaki Sauce This recipe was submitted by Cook...