- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 shallot onion
- ½ jalapeno
- ½ tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
Halve the avocado, pit it and scoop the flesh with a large spoon into a mixing bowl and mash it with a fork.
Chop the shallot, jalapeno and garlic very finely and add to the bowl.
Chop the cilantro and add as well. Sprinkle the lime juice over, add the salt and pepper and mix together.
Tip: Taste your guacamole as you make it. Avocados are very different in taste depending on its ripeness. That’s why its very important to season the guacamole to taste. Be generous with the salt and pepper.
Tip: when squeezing a lime start by cutting it in half, put a fork in the center of it and squeeze.
Tip: when making guacamole in advance put cling wrap or any kind of plastic over it so that it doesn’t turn brown.
Did you know : that avocado turns brown (as do apples) when exposed to air. To avoid that use cling wrap to protect it.
Did you know: that you cry a lot less if the onion is cold.
Did you know: That if you roll a lime before cutting it will release more juice since you brake the pulp inside it.
Watch the video:
More Great Recipes
- Mango Black Bean Salsa This simple salsa goes well with just about anything!...
- HEALTHY HEALTHY VEGGIE PITA It´s officially April - which in this household will be...
- GINGER CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE I remember the first time I heard of Asian fish...
- Chicken Marbella A delicious marinated chicken dish with delectable sweet and sour,...
- Pico de Gallo This Pico de Gallo is just perfect with tortilla chips...