Arroz con Pollo
- 1- 2lb / 1000 gr chicken, cut up with skin on
Marinade for chicken:
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- juice from 1 lime
- juice from ½ orange
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 bay leave
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 cups / 480 ml Valencia rice or Arborio rice (rinsed)
- 2 med onions chopped
- ½ med green peppers
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 5 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 8oz. / 240 ml can tomato sauce
- 1 cup / 240 ml beer
- 1 ½ cups / 355 ml of chicken broth
- 1 small can of sweet peas
- 1- (4oz. / 125 gr) jar pimentos
- ½ tsp of bijol (yellow rice coloring)
Place cut up chicken in a glass container, rub chicken with dry ingredients and add juices from lime, orange, rub with marinade and let sit for 1 hour in refrigerator.
Add 2 tbsp of oil in sauté pan and brown chicken set aside.
In a deep 10 inch pan with lid add rest of oil, sauté green pepper, onion, garlic until translucent.
Add tomato sauce and ½ can peas with juice from can, salt, chicken broth, bijol (yellow rice coloring), beer, rest of dry ingredients, rice and stir to mix add chicken and bring to a boil until it has absorb some of the liquid cover and lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Garnish with rest of peas and pimentos.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 45 min
Number of servings: 4 – 6
More Great Recipes
- Chicken Marbella A delicious marinated chicken dish with delectable sweet and sour,...
- Chicken Stir-Fry with homemade Teriyaki Sauce This recipe was submitted by Cook...
- TANDOORI CHICKEN WITH MANGO CHUTNEY I always admire people who can look inside a seemingly...
- GINGER CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE I remember the first time I heard of Asian fish...
- Orange Vinaigrette A fresh Orange Vinaigrette that goes well with salads and...
Filed Under: Recipes from Members